On our quest to find new and interesting things in our area to see, we found the Lucky Cat Museum, in the Clifton area. It is one woman’s personal collection of lucky cats. She has been an avid collector for years and has a large variety of Japanese Lucky Cats. The museum is free, although donations are welcome. There is also a gift shop where you can buy your own lucky cat themed items, ranging from postcards to lucky cats.
One of my favorite pieces was a disco ball cat. The poor cat has been broken 3 times! The cat had been loaned out and broken. Micha glued it back together, painted it, and then covered it in the disco ball mirrors. The medallion and coins were left bare. The second time the cat broke, the medallion and coins were repaired and covered in mirrors and crystals. The last time it broke, the cat was glued together, filled with expanding foam, and the mirrors replaced.
There were a few interactive pieces as well, including the slot machines (tokens provided).
- WHERE: Essex Studios (2511 Essex Place #150, Cincinnati, OH 45206)
- HOURS: By appointment only
- COSTS: Free, donations accepted
- PARKING: Yes
- BATHROOM: Yes, in the building but not in the museum
- TIME RECOMMENDED: 45 minutes (time allowed per appointment)
- COVID RESTRICTIONS: Masks, only 6 people per visit
- *Details correct at the time of posting, but please double check before you go.