Ok, so this isn’t a real lasagna, but it is a noodle dish that really tastes like lasagna! I was trying to find some easy InstantPot recipes that I could make in the RV. I made a few modifications to some I found online, and this is our recipe. It turned out really well and everyone loved it! (Well, Will got his portion before the cheese was added.) Click here for printable PDF recipe.
You will need:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (about 24 oz)
- 1 box uncooked penne pasta
- 1 can diced tomatoes (I used the diced tomatoes with green chilies, mild)
- 1 small onion, diced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- 2 tbp olive oil
- 2 cups water
- Add oil, diced onions, and ground beef to InstantPot. Set to sauté.
- Cook until ground beef is no longer pink. Stir and break up frequently.
- Drain any grease. Place back in the InstantPot and turn it off.
- Add in garlic powder and basil, stir to combine.
- Make sure ground beef is in an even layer on the bottom of the pot.
- Add spaghetti sauce, 2 cups water, can of tomatoes.
- Add noodles on top. Do not stir, just gently push down to make sure they are in the liquids.
- Cover with lid, set to seal and pressure to High.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then quick release.
- Stir in mozzarella and ricotta cheeses. Stir to let melt.