The boys were off school for President’s Day, so we decided to head to the William Howard Taft National Historic Site.
I double-checked the park’s hours before we left, but when we got there, we were told the house was closing in 10 minutes for a staff meeting and wouldn’t be open until later that morning/early afternoon. We rushed through the house and then spent time in the Visitor Center.
Nick got his Junior Ranger Badge. They had a neat package for the kids: a bag with the Junior Ranger program booklet, a pencil, a Junior Ranger badge sticker, and a William Howard Taft sticker. Once the booklet was completed, he turned it in to be sworn in and receive the plastic Junior Ranger badge.
It was neat to see, especially since there is no admission fee for this Historic Site. I think we will go back again when we can spend more time in the house though and really read through everything.
- WHERE: 2038 Auburn Ave, Cincinnati OH 45219
- HOURS: Grounds open sunrise to sunset. House/Visitor Center open daily 8:30am-4:30pm. (Some limited hours/holiday closures)
- COSTS: Free
- PARKING: Yes (small sized lot)
- BATHROOM: Yes
- TIME RECOMMENDED: 30 minutes+
- COVID RESTRICTIONS: Masks Optional (as of March 2022)
- *Details correct at the time of posting, but please double check before you go.